Translation of her in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (as direct object) la I can't stand her no la soporto call her llámala 1.2 (as indirect object) le; (with direct object pronoun present) se I wrote her a letter le escribí una carta give her the book dale el libro give it to her dáselo I gave it to her se lo diExample sentences1.3 (after preposition) ella with/for her con/para ella you're older than her eres mayor que ella
- So, all I had to do was look out for the lady who picked up her phone to identify her.
- As an adult she's learnt to say no to herself, but it hasn't come easily to her.
- No one had mentioned to her that the boy had been badly burned and was in great pain.
- 2 (emphatic use) ella it's her es ella I don't think that hat's quite her me parece que ese sombrero no la favorece who, her? ¿quién, ella?
- 3 (American English/inglés norteamericano) [colloq or dialect], (for herself) se she'd better get her a new job es mejor que se busque otro trabajoExample sentences
- So, as usual we wish good speed to The Highfield Mole and all who sail in her.
- It was another bad week for the insurance world and all who sail in her in Scotland.
- The American ship put up such resistance that Stier, after sinking her, went down too.
- (singular) su; (plural) sus her son/daughter su hijo/hija her sons/daughters sus hijos/hijas it's her house, not his es la casa de ella, no de él she took her hat off se quitó el sombrero she had her hair cut se cortó el pelo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.