Translation of her in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (as direct object) I can't stand herno la soportocall herllámala1.2 (as indirect object)(with direct object pronoun present)I wrote her a letter
sele escribí una cartagive her the bookdale el librogive it to herdáseloI gave it to herse lo diExample sentences1.3 (after preposition) with/for her
con/para ellayou're older than hereres mayor que ella
- So, all I had to do was look out for the lady who picked up her phone to identify her.
- As an adult she's learnt to say no to herself, but it hasn't come easily to her.
- No one had mentioned to her that the boy had been badly burned and was in great pain.
- 2 (emphatic use) it's heres ellaI don't think that hat's quite herme parece que ese sombrero no la favorecewho, her?¿quién, ella?
- 3(American English) [colloq or dialect] (for herself)she'd better get her a new job
sees mejor que se busque otro trabajoExample sentences
- So, as usual we wish good speed to The Highfield Mole and all who sail in her.
- It was another bad week for the insurance world and all who sail in her in Scotland.
- The American ship put up such resistance that Stier, after sinking her, went down too.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.