Translation of herd in Spanish:
- 1 (of cattle)(of goats) rebaño (masculine)to ride herd on something/somebody (US)cuidar de algo/alguien
vigilar algo/a alguienExample sentences
- There's variety in the animals and produce and the freedom to focus on the aspects you most enjoy, such as foregoing a big garden in favor of a herd of animals.
- The latest foot and mouth outbreak in Brazil has affected 153 animals in a herd of 582 cattle and eight pigs.
- The idea is to move the livestock into bigger herds and move them around more.
- 3 (of people) [derogatory] the (common) herdla masato follow the herd
el vulgoseguir a la masa or al rebañoExample sentences
- Get an alpine start by leaving Longs Peak Ranger Station no later than 2 a.m. to beat the storms and the herds of Denverites who crowd the trail all summer.
- Friday night Bingo crowds were typically large herds of older females.
- I found myself shouting insults at the telly when I saw herds of women virtually knocking each other unconscious to get at the Stella McCartney clothes in H & M.
- 1Example sentences
- The kids are to be deposited at the school, herded into minibuses and driven up while the adults walk.
- Some demonstrators were injured and five reportedly arrested when the police suddenly moved forward to herd people off the roadway.
- If you want to build a ship, don't herd together people to gather wood divide the work and give orders.
- Children provide much-needed labor in herding livestock and farming.
- He will be prepared to participate in political change, engage in rebuilding his country, or return to herding livestock.
- Unlike most dog breeds, it continues to be bred, used and valued for its original purpose - herding livestock.
- 2(people)the refugees were herded into trucks
arrearmetieron a los refugiados en camiones como si fueran ganado
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.