Translation of herd in Spanish:
- 1.1 (of cattle)(of goats)to ride herd on something/somebody (American English)
rebaño (masculine)cuidar de algo/alguien1.2 (of wild animals) (before noun) the herd instinct
vigilar algo/a alguienel instinto gregarioExample sentences1.3 (of people) [pejorative] the (common) herd
la masato follow the herd
- There's variety in the animals and produce and the freedom to focus on the aspects you most enjoy, such as foregoing a big garden in favor of a herd of animals.
- The latest foot and mouth outbreak in Brazil has affected 153 animals in a herd of 582 cattle and eight pigs.
- The idea is to move the livestock into bigger herds and move them around more.
el vulgoseguir a la masa or al rebañoExample sentences
- Get an alpine start by leaving Longs Peak Ranger Station no later than 2 a.m. to beat the storms and the herds of Denverites who crowd the trail all summer.
- Friday night Bingo crowds were typically large herds of older females.
- I found myself shouting insults at the telly when I saw herds of women virtually knocking each other unconscious to get at the Stella McCartney clothes in H & M.
ir en manada(people)
- The kids are to be deposited at the school, herded into minibuses and driven up while the adults walk.
- Some demonstrators were injured and five reportedly arrested when the police suddenly moved forward to herd people off the roadway.
- If you want to build a ship, don't herd together people to gather wood divide the work and give orders.
- Children provide much-needed labor in herding livestock and farming.
- He will be prepared to participate in political change, engage in rebuilding his country, or return to herding livestock.
- Unlike most dog breeds, it continues to be bred, used and valued for its original purpose - herding livestock.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.