Translation of heroic in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (brave)(deed/rescue)Example sentences1.2 (grand)
- Wallace was a loser - a noble, brave, heroic loser, but still ultimately unsuccessful.
- They want lively narrative, bold handling of intrepid if not downright heroic characters, and an unflinching recognition of our past militarism.
- As he repeatedly said, war is really about survival - the only heroic thing an individual can do is survive.
- The middle classes preferred the German light or comic operas of Nicolai and Lortzing to the French or Italian heroic works.
- They bring the highfalutin heroic language back down to earth and make it palatable.
- Being aware of our own heritage makes us able to speak the same language that the Iraqis speak - the heroic language.
- 2 (Literat, Mythol)(verse/legends)the heroic agela edad heroicaExample sentences
- It must have been during the Dark Age that heroic poetry developed and spread, even if (as seems probable) it originated in the Mycenaean age.
- This heroic, nationalist saga has been recapitulated in hundreds of books, articles, and school-texts ever since.
- These include native law texts as well as heroic prose narratives and intricately crafted rhymed verse in hundreds of different meters.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.