Translation of heroic in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (brave) [deed/rescue] heroicoExample sentences1.2 (grand) [proportions/scale] colosal
- Wallace was a loser - a noble, brave, heroic loser, but still ultimately unsuccessful.
- They want lively narrative, bold handling of intrepid if not downright heroic characters, and an unflinching recognition of our past militarism.
- As he repeatedly said, war is really about survival - the only heroic thing an individual can do is survive.
- The middle classes preferred the German light or comic operas of Nicolai and Lortzing to the French or Italian heroic works.
- They bring the highfalutin heroic language back down to earth and make it palatable.
- Being aware of our own heritage makes us able to speak the same language that the Iraqis speak - the heroic language.
- 2 [Literat] [Mythol] [verse/legends] heroico the heroic age la edad heroicaExample sentences
- It must have been during the Dark Age that heroic poetry developed and spread, even if (as seems probable) it originated in the Mycenaean age.
- This heroic, nationalist saga has been recapitulated in hundreds of books, articles, and school-texts ever since.
- These include native law texts as well as heroic prose narratives and intricately crafted rhymed verse in hundreds of different meters.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Defensor del pueblo is an ombudsman nominated by the Spanish Parliament to defend the rights of citizens against government maladministration. If he upholds a complaint he advises the administration on appropriate compensation. This post, under the same name, also exists in some Latin American countries.