Translation of hew in Spanish:
transitive verb past tense hewed past participle hewed or hewnPronunciation: /hjuːn/
- (stone) (extract)(coal)hewn from the living rock
extraertallado en la roca vivathey hewed a path through the undergrowthabrieron un sendero a través de la malezaExample sentences
- The girls are expected to help their mothers in drawing water, hewing wood, and plastering houses.
- A girl is regarded as grown up when she can cultivate food gardens, hew wood, carry water, and look after her family and family members even when her mother is absent.
- It's hard work climbing mountains and hewing wood.
- Each statue was hewn out of hard volcanic material from quarries near the Rano Raraku volcano.
- Rising vertically from the plains, some of these huge monoliths soar to a height of 400 metres, and the squat buildings on top of each appear to be hewn out of living rock.
- The road was now a stony, unsurfaced single track that had been hewn out of the sheer mountainside, hundreds of metres above the valley floor.
intransitive verb past participle hewed
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.