Translation of high street in Spanish:
- 1 (in village, small town)Example sentences
- A campaign to save local shops and businesses in the high streets of Scotland's towns will be launched this week.
- There are few high streets in any town which do not have their coffee shops.
- Whilst out shopping in my local high street I glanced through the window of the newly opened gym.
- 2 (Economics)the high streetel comercio minorista(before noun) the high-street bankslos grandes bancos (con muchas sucursales)Example sentences
- The retailer specialises in ‘affordable fashion’ for the high-street market.
- A dermatology professor I know maintains that high-street products are often no worse than posh ones, so I would start cheap and work up.
- I would never now buy high-street jeans, although I do still go to Topshop for some colour block T-shirts, and I pick up the odd belt in Gap.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.