Translation of high-powered in Spanish:
- 1 (powerful)(car/machine)
de gran potenciaExample sentences
- They'll love the 9310XL, which is the quietest high-power machine I've tested.
- People camp out on the mainland for weeks, pouring their life savings into high-power telescopes, just to catch a glimpse of him.
- Police officers and SWAT members surround the house with their high-power guns.
- 2 (dynamic, forceful)(job)a high-powered management team
de alto(s) vuelo(s)una directiva de gran empujeExample sentences
- To be a senior manager, a CEO or any high-powered corporate executive you need to be smart, sharp, presentable and have reasonable charisma.
- Meanwhile, Paul realises his wife - a high-powered advertising executive - might want another child.
- Relishing her best film role for some time, Stockard Channing is the high-powered business executive wedded to her mobile and merciless in the demands she makes on others.
- The high-powered job had been advertised at a salary of £171,000 in May but the Council had said it was prepared to go as high as £200,000.
- Going for jobs which are high-powered shows you are keen to take risks.
- If they want to get ahead, Ms McIntosh says, women have to be prepared to develop thick skins, and the confidence to take the knocks and criticism that go with a high-powered job.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.