Translation of high-rise in Spanish:
- (especially American English)
torre (feminine) (de apartamentos or (Spain) pisos)
- (before noun)(building/block)
de muchas plantas(apartment)
de una torre
de un edificio altoExample sentences
- We hopped into my car, and she directed me downtown to the Belvedere, an old high-rise office building that had been converted into cheap apartments.
- Instead of cosy, low-rent substitute houses in old neighbourhoods, there were high-rise apartment buildings.
- In contrast to the rest of the country, hotels, offices, villas and high-rise apartment buildings are going up at a frenzied pace.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.