- [colloquial/familiar] [tastes] de intelectual; [art/music] para intelectualesMore example sentences
- He has inexpensive tastes, even if he likes highbrow culture, and has the common touch.
- So, if you thought ‘Ulysses’ was only for highbrow academics, come along and be prepared to be pleasantly surprised!
- Now a series of reports questioning his ability to deliver highbrow culture into the establishment may have damaged his reputation.
- [colloquial/familiar] intelectual (masculine and feminine)
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.