Translation of highbrow in Spanish:
- [colloquial/familiar] [tastes] de intelectual; [art/music] para intelectualesExample sentences
- He has inexpensive tastes, even if he likes highbrow culture, and has the common touch.
- So, if you thought ‘Ulysses’ was only for highbrow academics, come along and be prepared to be pleasantly surprised!
- Now a series of reports questioning his ability to deliver highbrow culture into the establishment may have damaged his reputation.
- [colloquial/familiar] intelectual (masculine and feminine)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas