Translation of highbrow in Spanish:
para intelectualesExample sentences
- He has inexpensive tastes, even if he likes highbrow culture, and has the common touch.
- So, if you thought ‘Ulysses’ was only for highbrow academics, come along and be prepared to be pleasantly surprised!
- Now a series of reports questioning his ability to deliver highbrow culture into the establishment may have damaged his reputation.
- [colloquial]Example sentences
- They think that, like the hicks of Holcomb and the fawning highbrows of Manhattan's literary salons, we will be won over by his wit and charm.
- Edward was not an irredeemable highbrow, and he insisted that one of the most significant moments of his life was getting to meet Cyd Charisse.
- After a summer that has found all the highbrows giggling at the fact they liked Peter Frampton all along, here comes a real guilty pleasure.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.