- (in Scotland) → Higher GradeExample sentences
- It's also the next step in your education after A2s, AS Levels, Scottish Highers or other advanced level qualifications.
- Children at the school worked towards Scottish Highers, but the subjects on offer depended on the staff the school could recruit.
- The school is one of the 10% in Scotland which offer English A levels rather than Highers and there is a growing interest in this option.
Definition of higher in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.