- 1.1 (main road) carretera (feminine); (before noun/delante del nombre) (American English/inglés norteamericano) [patrol/patrolman] de carretera highway maintenance (British English/inglés británico) mantenimiento (masculine) de carreterasMore example sentences1.2 (public way) vía (feminine) pública the King's highway (British English/inglés británico) [History/Historia] la calzada real the highways and byways (of region) las carreteras y los caminos (of subject) los senderos y vericuetos
More example sentences
- Most of the main roads and highways in the city are high enough to have escaped the flooding.
- No civilians were allowed on the newly closed main highways outside of town.
- It can be reached by highways from the major cities in Guangdong, Guangxi, and Hunan.
- But campaigners were dealt a bitter blow when county highways officials confirmed that Government funding would not be available for the bypass.
- Councillors from Horwich and Blackrod met with highways officials yesterday in an attempt to find a solution to traffic problems in Crown Lane, Horwich.
- But highways officials now say the 14th century bridge will be ready to reopen in less than six weeks.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Lotería Nacional is a Spanish state-run lottery founded in 1812. There is an