Translation of highway in Spanish:
- 1(main road) carretera (feminine)(before noun) (American English) (patrol/patrolman)highway maintenance (British English)
de carreteramantenimiento (masculine) de carreterasExample sentences
- Most of the main roads and highways in the city are high enough to have escaped the flooding.
- No civilians were allowed on the newly closed main highways outside of town.
- It can be reached by highways from the major cities in Guangdong, Guangxi, and Hunan.
- 2(public way) vía (feminine) públicathe King's highway (British English) (History)la calzada realthe highways and byways(of region) las carreteras y los caminos(of subject) los senderos y vericuetosExample sentences
- But campaigners were dealt a bitter blow when county highways officials confirmed that Government funding would not be available for the bypass.
- Councillors from Horwich and Blackrod met with highways officials yesterday in an attempt to find a solution to traffic problems in Crown Lane, Horwich.
- But highways officials now say the 14th century bridge will be ready to reopen in less than six weeks.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.