Translation of hike in Spanish:
- 1 (long walk) caminata (feminine), excursión (feminine) we went on a 20-mile hike hicimos una caminata or una excursión (a pie) de 20 millas it's a bit of a hike to the station hay un buen trecho hasta la estación to take a hike (American English/inglés norteamericano) [colloquial/familiar] take a hike vete a paseo [colloquial/familiar], vete a freír espárragos [colloquial/familiar], vete por un tubo (Mexico/México) [colloquial/familiar], andá a pasear (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences
- These include a family of 40 sponsored walks which range from 10 km hikes to shorter strolls, suitable for everyone.
- Find sightseeing tours that include walking tours and hikes through national parks.
- Tomorrow is supposed to be either a hike, a walk, or a stroll, depending on hangover levels.
- 2 (increase) subida (feminine) a price/pay hike una subida de precios/sueldos hike
insth subida dealgoExample sentences
- That means the economy has expanded by 2.7%, but it is all due to inflation, and a hike in the cost of goods and services.
- The project hit a road block soon after the Assembly elections, when the contractor stopped the work, demanding a hike in the project cost.
- BDA terminated the contract as the contractor failed to meet deadlines, besides demanding a hike in the estimated cost.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [prices/wages/taxes] subir
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the