- 1 (long walk) caminata (feminine), excursión (feminine) we went on a 20-mile hike hicimos una caminata or una excursión (a pie) de 20 millas it's a bit of a hike to the station hay un buen trecho hasta la estación to take a hike (American English/inglés norteamericano) [colloquial/familiar] take a hike vete a paseo [colloquial/familiar], vete a freír espárragos [colloquial/familiar], vete por un tubo (Mexico/México) [colloquial/familiar], andá a pasear (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) [colloquial/familiar]More example sentences
- These include a family of 40 sponsored walks which range from 10 km hikes to shorter strolls, suitable for everyone.
- Find sightseeing tours that include walking tours and hikes through national parks.
- Tomorrow is supposed to be either a hike, a walk, or a stroll, depending on hangover levels.
- 2 (increase) subida (feminine) a price/pay hike una subida de precios/sueldos hike
insth subida dealgoMore example sentences
- That means the economy has expanded by 2.7%, but it is all due to inflation, and a hike in the cost of goods and services.
- The project hit a road block soon after the Assembly elections, when the contractor stopped the work, demanding a hike in the project cost.
- BDA terminated the contract as the contractor failed to meet deadlines, besides demanding a hike in the estimated cost.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [prices/wages/taxes] subir
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Did you know that the primary meaning of almuerzo is lunch? It is used only in this sense in most of Latin America. In Spain and Mexico, where comida is the usual word for lunch, almuerzo can also be a mid-morning snack.