Translation of hike in Spanish:
- 1 (long walk) we went on a 20-mile hikehicimos una caminata or una excursión (a pie) de 20 millasit's a bit of a hike to the stationhay un buen trecho hasta la estaciónto take a hike (American English) [colloquial]take a hikevete a paseo [colloquial]
vete a freír espárragos [colloquial]
vete por un tubo (Mexico) [colloquial]
andá a pasear (River Plate area) [colloquial]Example sentences
- These include a family of 40 sponsored walks which range from 10 km hikes to shorter strolls, suitable for everyone.
- Find sightseeing tours that include walking tours and hikes through national parks.
- Tomorrow is supposed to be either a hike, a walk, or a stroll, depending on hangover levels.
- 2 (increase) a price/pay hikeuna subida de precios/sueldoshike
insomethingsubida dealgoExample sentences
- That means the economy has expanded by 2.7%, but it is all due to inflation, and a hike in the cost of goods and services.
- The project hit a road block soon after the Assembly elections, when the contractor stopped the work, demanding a hike in the project cost.
- BDA terminated the contract as the contractor failed to meet deadlines, besides demanding a hike in the estimated cost.
- (walk)ir de caminata or de excursiónExample sentences
- Both couples began to hike retracing the path that the van had traveled.
- Activities as diverse as gymnastics, football, hiking, and skateboarding provide plenty of opportunities.
- La Paz Waterfall Gardens offers visitors the choice of four hiking trails that wind around five waterfalls and through a tropical forest.
- As long as ticket prices are not hiked up to support a ridiculous pay structure of players then I am happy.
- Tax increases hiked the prices of tobacco and some luxury goods.
- So while hiking the cover price may increase subscription revenue, it may well do so to the overall financial detriment of the paper.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.