Translation of hill in Spanish:
- (higher) montaña (feminine)(slope, incline) cuesta (feminine)a view of green, rolling hillsun panorama de verdes y ondulantes colinason a hill(on the top) en (lo alto de) una colina(on a slope) en una laderawe walked up/down the hillsubimos/bajamos la colina (andando)to park on a hillestacionar or (Spain) aparcar en una cuestaat the foot of the hillal pie de la colina ( or de la montaña etc)to head for the hillsir hacia or dirigirse a los montesto take to the hillshuir or echarse al monteup hill and down dale (British English)cuesta arriba y cuesta abajoas old as the hillsviejísimohis grandfather/that joke is as old as the hills
más viejo que Matusalén [colloquial]
más viejo que andar a pie (Southern Cone) [colloquial]su abuelo/ese chiste es más viejo que Matusalénnot to amount to a hill of beans (American English)no valer nadato be over the hill [colloquial]estar para el arrastre or (River Plate area) para el deje [colloquial](before noun) hill countryterritorio (masculine) montañosohill people
región (feminine) montañosamontañeses (masculine plural)hill townciudad (feminine) de montañaExample sentences
- The instructions were to design a simple landscape sketch using a minimum of five to six land forms - hills, mountains, lakes and so on.
- Forests, meadow land, rolling hills and mountains, all populated with small villages, are on the menu.
- The tribes, rightly, are required to show their connections with various rivers, mountains, hills, and land sites.
- The course has steep hills, and the roads sweep wide, then narrow to cobblestones.
- A tricky road, on a hill where the cars, as they coast down, can't help but nudge over 30.
- The customer also added that the car seemed to run strange whenever she was descending a hill or steep grade.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.