- 1.1 (of door, window, gate) bisagra (feminine), gozne (masculine); (of box, lid) bisagra (feminine) to take a door off its hinges sacar* una puerta de sus goznesMore example sentences1.2 (of shell) charnela (feminine) (before noun/delante del nombre) hinge joint charnela (feminine)
More example sentences1.3 (in philately) fijasellos (masculine), bisagra (feminine)
- He had only time to back away before the thick wooden doors swung open, hinges protesting loudly.
- The door stood open, its hinges and locking mechanisms smashed.
- There was a knock on my door, and it swung open on its hinges.
- The hinge ligament of bivalve shell is an example of a complex development.
- Your elbow joints are simple hinges, and they can bend only one way and on a direct line.
- A good analog of the decrescent side is the interarea of brachiopods or the hinge area of bivalves.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo (hinges, hinging, hinged)
transitive verb/verbo transitivo (hinges, hinging, hinged)
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Guernica is a Basque town destroyed by German bombers fighting on the Nationalist side in the Spanish Civil War in April 1937.