- 1.1 (of door, window, gate) bisagra (f), gozne (m); (of box, lid) bisagra (f) to take a door off its hinges sacar* una puerta de sus goznesMore example sentences1.2 (of shell) charnela (feminine) (before noun/delante del nombre) hinge joint charnela (feminine)
More example sentences1.3 (in philately) fijasellos (m), bisagra (f)
- He had only time to back away before the thick wooden doors swung open, hinges protesting loudly.
- The door stood open, its hinges and locking mechanisms smashed.
- There was a knock on my door, and it swung open on its hinges.
- The hinge ligament of bivalve shell is an example of a complex development.
- Your elbow joints are simple hinges, and they can bend only one way and on a direct line.
- A good analog of the decrescent side is the interarea of brachiopods or the hinge area of bivalves.
Paro is the name in Spain for both unemployment and unemployment benefit. The period for which paro can be claimed ranges from three months to a year, depending on how long a person has been working. The amount paid decreases over the period of unemployment.
vi (hinges, hinging, hinged)
- to hinge
onsth (turn) girar sobrealgo; (be fixed) ir* asegurado con bisagras aalgo; (depend) depender dealgo it all hinges on her decision todo depende de su decisiónMore example sentences
More example sentences
- Some take the form of little chests of drawers, others have hinged lids.
- Another option is to hinge the top part so that the seat becomes a lid that you just lift up.
- There were two hinged wooden boxes in the closet under the stairs.
More example sentences
- When the gallery is open, the door will hinge out into the foyer so that it offers another perspective on the building.
- The only way in and out was through two huge doors that hinged opposite each other.
- There was a knock on the door, which hinged open momentarily.
- Selling is a strange phenomenon because being successful financially in this industry hinges upon your individual performance.
- The success of the Raiders hinges largely on the performance of their reconfigured defensive line.
- Any innovator will tell you that success hinges less on getting everything right than on how you handle getting things wrong.