Translation of hinge in Spanish:
- 1.1(of box, lid) bisagra (feminine)to take a door off its hingessacar una puerta de sus goznesExample sentences1.2 (of shell) (before noun) hinge joint
Example sentences1.3 (in philately)
- He had only time to back away before the thick wooden doors swung open, hinges protesting loudly.
- The door stood open, its hinges and locking mechanisms smashed.
- There was a knock on my door, and it swung open on its hinges.
- The hinge ligament of bivalve shell is an example of a complex development.
- Your elbow joints are simple hinges, and they can bend only one way and on a direct line.
- A good analog of the decrescent side is the interarea of brachiopods or the hinge area of bivalves.
intransitive verb hinges, hinging, hinged
- to hinge
onsomething(turn) girar sobrealgo(be fixed) ir asegurado con bisagras aalgo(depend) dependerit all hinges on her decision dealgotodo depende de su decisiónExample sentences
- Selling is a strange phenomenon because being successful financially in this industry hinges upon your individual performance.
- The success of the Raiders hinges largely on the performance of their reconfigured defensive line.
- Any innovator will tell you that success hinges less on getting everything right than on how you handle getting things wrong.
transitive verb hinges, hinging, hinged
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.