- 1 with one's hands on one's hips to be broad/narrow in the hip(s)to shoot from the hip [colloquial]ser ancho/estrecho de cadera(s)no tener pelos en la lengua [colloquial](lit: with pistol)disparar sin apuntar(before noun) (size/measurement)to be joined at the hipde caderas[colloquial]ser uña y carne or (River Plate area) carne y uñaser uña y mugre [humorous]Example sentences
- If your hips, buttocks or thighs start to have an unsightly rippled look, use Celutrol's massage glove.
- Then Lastri related how customers would frequently touch or brush against her hips and buttocks.
- Begin by tightening your buttocks and lifting your hips off the floor.
- (Botany) (usually plural) hips and hawsescaramujos y espinosExample sentences
- Evening primrose, wheat germ, and rose hip seed oils all make fine additives to this mask.
- Less well known is rose hip soup, a sweet, cold soup high in vitamin C, traditionally served during the long winter months when fruits are scarce.
- You can even make rose hip tea for yourself and your guests!
- [slang] [dated]she's really hip to what's going on'in' invariable adjective [colloquial] [anticuado]en la onda [colloquial]está muy en la onda de lo que ocurre [colloquial]Example sentences
- But now it's a fashionable district of hip bars and restaurants, full of restored synagogues, Jewish cemeteries and kosher restaurants.
- They are empty, overly wholesome fodder that only give off the ‘aura’ of being hip and fashionable.
- You could be wearing the most fashionable, hip outfit, and you will still look like a doofus when you're on vacation.
- He's hip to what he calls "the game" the music business has evolved into.
- I thought it was some new street slang that I wasn't yet hip to.
- hip, hip, hooray o hurrah!¡hurra!¡viva!Example sentences
- Neil was born today, hip-hip hooray!
- Hip Hip Hooray! OK, Dad is out of the woods. He was moved on Monday to the "Transitional Care Unit" (rehab floor).
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than