noun plural -pies
- (before noun) (cult/gear/era)
- He was on the expressway for hours and no one would stop since he looked like a hippie with long hair and a beard.
- It wasn't all dirty long-haired hippies with flowers in their hair.
- Her parents were intellectual hippies who moved in drug circles and her godfather was LSD guru Dr Timothy Leary.
adjective -pier, -piest
- (with prominent hips)(American English)
caderudo [colloquial]Example sentences
- He couldn't figure how sensibly clothed, satirical, sarcastic, sassy Jo had come from this hippy woman standing in front of him.
- I found the fitted top with those jeans made her look too hippy and pear-shaped.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.