Translation of hire in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 1.1 (rent) [hall/boat/suit/horse] alquilar, arrendar* 1.2 (employ) [staff/person] contratar he has the power to hire and fire está autorizado para contratar y despedir personalExample sentences
- Try hiring an insurance replacement rental car in Buffalo!
- Anglers can obtain permits and hire a boat from John Scotts Shop, Aughagower, Westport.
- Alf received it despite never having taken his car or hiring a car abroad.
- Successive administrators of Moore's estate hired them out to employers whose payments provided proceeds for the estate.
- You can perform the work yourself, or you can hire it out to a contractor.
- These may be government-run, but the labour in these prisons can be hired out to corporations.
(hired past participle of/participio pasado de)hired hand jornalero, (masculine, feminine) hired killer o assassin asesino, (masculine, feminine) a sueldo, sicario, (masculine, feminine)
- If you spend, borrow, set up a business, hire someone or get fired, these are actions that matter.
- When Scott Wolfe hires someone for a job working a cash register or cutting meat, the odds are, that person was a customer first.
- The most crucial step in ensuring marketing success is hiring someone to manage and coordinate the effort.
- 1 (of hall/boat/suit/horse) alquiler (masculine), arriendo (masculine) have you any bikes for hire? ¿alquilan or arriendan bicicletas? for hire se alquila or se arrienda (on taxis) libre on hire alquilado to let sth out on hire (British English/inglés británico) alquilar or arrendar* algo hire charge alquiler (masculine), arriendo (masculine) hire services servicios (masculine plural) de alquiler
hire out verb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento (British English/inglés británico) alquilar, arrendar* they hire bikes out to tourists les alquilan bicicletas a los turistas 1.1verb + adverb/verbo + adverbio (offer services) (American English/inglés norteamericano) to hire out
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The name of Spain's state-run post office is correos. Stamps can be bought in an