Translation of hire in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (rent)Example sentences1.2 (employ)
(staff/person)he has the power to hire and fire
- Try hiring an insurance replacement rental car in Buffalo!
- Anglers can obtain permits and hire a boat from John Scotts Shop, Aughagower, Westport.
- Alf received it despite never having taken his car or hiring a car abroad.
contratarestá autorizado para contratar y despedir personalExample sentences1.3
also: hired past participlehired hand hired killer or assassinasesino (-na) (masculine, feminine) a sueldo
- If you spend, borrow, set up a business, hire someone or get fired, these are actions that matter.
- When Scott Wolfe hires someone for a job working a cash register or cutting meat, the odds are, that person was a customer first.
- The most crucial step in ensuring marketing success is hiring someone to manage and coordinate the effort.
sicario (-ria) (masculine, feminine)
- 2→ hire out 1Example sentences
- Successive administrators of Moore's estate hired them out to employers whose payments provided proceeds for the estate.
- You can perform the work yourself, or you can hire it out to a contractor.
- These may be government-run, but the labour in these prisons can be hired out to corporations.
- 1 (of hall/boat/suit/horse) have you any bikes for hire?¿alquilan or arriendan bicicletas?for hirese alquila or se arrienda(on taxis) libreon hirealquiladoto let something out on hire (British)alquilar or arrendar algohire charge hire servicesservicios (masculine plural) de alquilerExample sentences
- Meanwhile, back at the airport, the cost of car hire and charter flights out of Ireland are savage in comparison with our neighbours.
- It is the cheapest of the respectable car hire firms and recommended.
- However, could it be that these registrations are going into car hire fleets?
- 3 (US) (new employee)recién contratado (-da) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- The team that meets that daily mission is a mix of active-duty, Guard, Reserve, civilian employees, local hires and contractors.
- In general, the employees who quit were more recent hires who weren't as invested in the company.
- From initial performance reviews of new hires, it is determined that the employees' average proficiency in problem solving is 25 percent.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.