Translation of his in Spanish:
The translation su agrees in number with the noun which it modifies. his is translated by su, sus, according to what follows: his father/mother su madre/padre; his books/magazines sus libros/revistas. For his used with parts of the body,
sussu hijo/hijahis sons/daughterssus hijos/hijasit's his house, not herses la casa de él, no la de ellahe broke his armse rompió el brazoExample sentences
- It was truly kind of the hairdresser to come to my house with his bonny male assistant.
- Columbus is said to have identified his star the moment he saw the cover of the video.
- He could not feel his legs and had to be helped up by his girlfriend and a male friend.
The translation suyo reflects the gender and number of the noun it is standing for. his is translated by el suyo, la suya, los suyos, las suyas, depending on what is being referred to.
- (singular)(plural)all that is his
suyos (-yas)todo eso es suyo or de élhis is blueel suyo/la suya es azulit isn't his, but hers
el/la de él es azulno es de él, sino de ellahis and herspara él y para ellaa friend of hisun amigo suyo or de élthat habit of hisesa costumbre suya
esa costumbre que tieneExample sentences
- Yes, he might appear distant and archaic but he is the heir to the throne and one day it will be his.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.