n (pl -ries)
- 1 1.1 u (march of events) historia (f) throughout history a lo largo de la historia the lessons of history las lecciones de la historia, lo que enseña la historia the history of China/education la historia de la China/de la educación the worst earthquake in history el peor terremoto de la historia one of the biggest events in Wall Street/the country's history uno de los mayores acontecimientos en la historia de Wall Street/del país a place in history un lugar en la historia to go down in history pasar a la historia to make history hacer* historia this case made legal history este caso pasó a integrar los anales del derecho … and the rest is history y el resto ya es cosa sabidaMore example sentences1.2 u (subject) historia (f) economic/political/military history historia económica/política/militar history of art historia del arte
More example sentences1.3 c (book, account) historia (f) Shakespeare's Histories dramas (mpl) históricos de Shakespeare
- The series explores the history of evil, what society means by the word evil, where it comes from and what society can do to deal with it.
- Mash, which became one of the most famous series in the history of television, was originally a novel.
- The series about the history of speed and the intense rivalry to be the fastest revisits the golden age of the train.
More example sentences
- An honest answer is that we do not know; that is why we do history and study current events.
- The director needs to study social life and history more profoundly and change his course.
- At this point she started to study constitutional history and law.
- Local lighthouse enthusiasts could give public accounts of the history and future of their local light.
- It's important to recount the history of that story and the lessons Howard learned.
- It is the highest recorded circulation in the history of the newspaper.
- 2 c (record, background) historial (m) personal/family history historial personal/familiar medical history historial (m) clínico or médico, historia (f) clínica (AmL) there's a history of madness in that family ha habido casos de demencia en esa familia he has a history of heart trouble ha tenido problemas cardíacos en el pasadoMore example sentences
- Perhaps he was just losing his marbles; there was a history of insanity in his family.
- They say the health implications can be particularly serious if there is a family history of high blood pressure.
- Mesereau said he was the victim of a trap set by a family with a history of milking celebrities.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Churro is a typical Spanish food, consisting of a long thin cylinder of dough, deep-fried in olive oil and often dusted with sugar. Churros are usually eaten with a thick hot drinking chocolate, especially for breakfast.