Translation of history in Spanish:
noun plural -ries
- 1 1.1 uncountable (march of events) throughout historya lo largo de la historiathe lessons of historylas lecciones de la historiathe history of China/education
lo que enseña la historiala historia de la China/de la educaciónthe worst earthquake in historyel peor terremoto de la historiaone of the biggest events in Wall Street/the country's historyuno de los mayores acontecimientos en la historia de Wall Street/del paísa place in historyun lugar en la historiato go down in history to make history this case made legal historyeste caso pasó a integrar los anales del derecho… and the rest is historyy el resto ya es cosa sabidaExample sentences1.2 uncountable (subject) economic/political/military history
historia económica/política/militarhistory of arthistoria del arteExample sentences1.3 countable (book, account) Shakespeare's Histories
- The series explores the history of evil, what society means by the word evil, where it comes from and what society can do to deal with it.
- Mash, which became one of the most famous series in the history of television, was originally a novel.
- The series about the history of speed and the intense rivalry to be the fastest revisits the golden age of the train.
dramas (masculine plural) históricos de ShakespeareExample sentences
- An honest answer is that we do not know; that is why we do history and study current events.
- The director needs to study social life and history more profoundly and change his course.
- At this point she started to study constitutional history and law.
- Local lighthouse enthusiasts could give public accounts of the history and future of their local light.
- It's important to recount the history of that story and the lessons Howard learned.
- It is the highest recorded circulation in the history of the newspaper.
- 2 countable (record, background) personal/family historyhistorial personal/familiarthere's a history of madness in that familyha habido casos de demencia en esa familiahe has a history of heart troubleha tenido problemas cardíacos en el pasadoExample sentences
- Perhaps he was just losing his marbles; there was a history of insanity in his family.
- They say the health implications can be particularly serious if there is a family history of high blood pressure.
- Mesereau said he was the victim of a trap set by a family with a history of milking celebrities.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.