Translation of hoarding in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable/no numerable (anticipating a shortage) acaparamiento (masculine) hoarding is characteristic of many species of rodents el acumular provisiones es característico de muchas especies de roedores
- 2 countable/numerable (British English/inglés británico) 2.1 (screen) valla (feminine), barda (feminine) (Mexico/México) 2.2 (billboard) valla (feminine) publicitaria, barda (feminine) de anuncios (Mexico/México)Example sentences
- The hoardings display the London 2012 Candidate City logo with the words ‘Hounslow: Back the Bid’ underneath.
- The plans were lodged by Braintree Methodist Church on the open land, which is enclosed by fencing and advertisement hoardings.
- Turn right and follow the rim of the delightful Clashach Cove, whose story is displayed on an artistic hoarding.
- And, he says, we must learn from them in erecting hoardings.
- Bromley is currently enlisting artists to submit 8ft x 12 ft artworks on a 170 ft length on the building-site style hoardings.
- By definition, building site hoardings are rarely things of beauty.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The name of the autonomous governments of Catalonia and Valencia is generalitat. A great deal of power has now been transferred to them from central government.