Translation of hoary in Spanish:
adjective hoarier, hoariest
- 1 (very old)(joke/myth) [humorous]
antediluviano [humorous](ruin) [literary]
vetusto [literary]Example sentences
- He stands to guide me to the door, then stops to point out a photo of himself looking somewhat starstruck and goofy-grinned beside four hoary men, his mayoral predecessors.
- Dropping the pencil abruptly, she looks up at her hoary teacher, ‘Ma'am?’
- No, what's really disturbing about the whole phenomenon is the emergence of a new breed of hoary old pop marketing men who don't even feel the need to pretend they are anything else.
- Can we just agree on that, and never see these hoary and overused devices again?
- Like the hoary old cliché, ‘Oh, I only watch the documentaries on TV not those dreadful soaps!’
- My other hope is that all the Councillors will move beyond their personal interests and hoary old arguments to support the Mayor and an outcome that is the only feasible option for Lismore.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.