Translation of hoax in Spanish:
- (deception)(joke) broma (feminine)there was no bomb, the call was a hoaxno había tal bomba, fue todo un engañoit's not a hoax, there really is a fire!¡no es ninguna broma, de verdad hay un incendio!the story turned out to be a hoaxla historia resultó ser una patrañaExample sentences
- But no accident was discovered and police are treating the incident as a malicious hoax call.
- They organised elaborate hoaxes like the bestowing of imaginary honours, which he appears to have accepted with due solemnity.
- As I speculated before, it could be that he is the victim of an elaborate hoax.
- we've been hoaxednos han engañadowe hoaxed them into believing that it was a Picassolos embaucamos haciéndoles creer que era un PicassoExample sentences
- I now have reason to believe that in unraveling a hoax I was hoaxed myself.
- James also investigated the case and found that Tina was hoaxing her adoptive parents and using the media attention to assist her quest to find her biological parents.
- No amount of fossil data will induce them to admit they are hoaxing their readers.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.