Translation of hocus-pocus in Spanish:
- 1 (deception) [colloquial](verbal) galimatías (masculine)Example sentences
- Our most beloved hocus-pocus of all is the idea that economic growth will rescue us from all our troubles - but last fall the economy grew 8 percent without creating any new jobs to speak of.
- There is no hocus-pocus, no aggressive posturing or screaming for effect.
- As I've already said, there are lots of people who are sceptical about psychics, and think that's it's just hocus-pocus.
- And no amount of organic industry hocus-pocus can make that truth disappear.
- His bill not only includes some $400 million a year in direct subsidies, but it also attempts to bamboozle us with linguistic hocus-pocus, simply defining away the industry's environmental ugliness.
- He never offers specifics; it's all hocus-pocus.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.