Translation of hocus-pocus in Spanish:
- 1.1 (deception) [colloquial/familiar] trampa (feminine); (verbal) galimatías (masculine)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (as interjection/como interjección) abracadabra
- And no amount of organic industry hocus-pocus can make that truth disappear.
- His bill not only includes some $400 million a year in direct subsidies, but it also attempts to bamboozle us with linguistic hocus-pocus, simply defining away the industry's environmental ugliness.
- He never offers specifics; it's all hocus-pocus.
- Our most beloved hocus-pocus of all is the idea that economic growth will rescue us from all our troubles - but last fall the economy grew 8 percent without creating any new jobs to speak of.
- There is no hocus-pocus, no aggressive posturing or screaming for effect.
- As I've already said, there are lots of people who are sceptical about psychics, and think that's it's just hocus-pocus.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Crianza is a term which refers both to the process of ageing wines, and to a category of wines, vinos de crianza, which have been aged for a minimum of two years, first in barrels or the more modern stainless steel tanks, and then in the bottle.