Translation of hocus-pocus in Spanish:
- 1.1 (deception) [colloquial](verbal)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (as interjection)
- And no amount of organic industry hocus-pocus can make that truth disappear.
- His bill not only includes some $400 million a year in direct subsidies, but it also attempts to bamboozle us with linguistic hocus-pocus, simply defining away the industry's environmental ugliness.
- He never offers specifics; it's all hocus-pocus.
- Our most beloved hocus-pocus of all is the idea that economic growth will rescue us from all our troubles - but last fall the economy grew 8 percent without creating any new jobs to speak of.
- There is no hocus-pocus, no aggressive posturing or screaming for effect.
- As I've already said, there are lots of people who are sceptical about psychics, and think that's it's just hocus-pocus.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to