Translation of hod in Spanish:
- 1.1 (for bricks) capacho (masculine) ([ para acarrear ladrillos ])Example sentences1.2 (for coal) (especially British English/especialmente inglés británico) cubo (masculine) del carbón
- It was like dropping an entire hod of bricks that you've been carrying with you over your shoulder everywhere since you were born.
- I've never felt out of place, having picked up a trowel or carried a hod for a living.
- A year later Jones left school with no qualifications and drifted into washing pots and pans, hod carrying, and boozing.
- The pattern is similar to one pictured on a coal hod in the Mersereau catalogue and referred to as the ‘Japanese pattern.’
- Relive the colonial past of America with a brass coal hod.
- Take care of your ash with a coal hod, ash bucket and coal shovel.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.