Translation of holdup in Spanish:
- 1.1 (delay)Example sentences1.2 (armed robbery) a bank holdup
un asalto or atraco a un bancoExample sentences
- Lengthy traffic jams and hold-ups are now a daily norm with an estimated 700 plus vehicles being carried on this roadway at evening peak time.
- The A64 hold-ups delay deliveries and meetings.
- If someone already has half a day to spare to make this journey, they are not going to be so worried at losing the time they already build into their journeys to account for the delays and hold-ups they expect to encounter.
- She said a ‘real spate’ of armed hold-ups, burglaries and car thefts had left the local community feeling scared and vulnerable.
- In this exploration of armed hold-ups, convicted armed robbers speak candidly about how they conduct their crimes and about the terror that they deliberately create.
- Many burglaries, hold-ups and car thefts are also never properly investigated.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.