Translation of holy in Spanish:
adjective/adjetivo (-lier, -liest)
- 1.1 (sacred, sanctified) [ground/place] sagrado, santo; [day] de precepto, de guardar; [water] bendito the Holy Bible la Sagrada or Santa Biblia the Holy City la Ciudad Santa the Holy Family la Sagrada Familia the Holy Father/Office el Santo Padre/Oficio the holy oil los santos óleos the Holy Rood la Santa Cruz the Holy Scripture las Sagradas Escrituras a holy war una guerra santaExample sentences1.2 [person/life/virtue] santo
- At the same time, we are committed to free access and free practice, to the members of the other two religions, to the holy shrines in Jerusalem.
- His act of praying transforms the cityscape into a sacred space and holy ground.
- He put the turban upon his head and set the gold rosette as symbol of holy dedication on the front of the turban as the Lord had commanded him.
Example sentences1.3 [colloquial/familiar] they had a holy horror of gambling el juego les parecía un sacrilegio that child is a holy terror ese niño es el mismísimo demonio [colloquial/familiar] holy cow o mackerel o Moses o smoke! ¡rayos y centellas!, ¡Dios bendito!
- What do the lives and service of holy women teach us about ordaining women?
- It also seems right to think that among such holy people, the broken, addicted, and deceived of our world will see the true way of life with its promise of healing, freedom, and peace.
- He was a very holy person who had a real interest in people.
- As a result my picture hopefully has a holy spiritual quality.
- Real prayer isn't about showing how good, holy or spiritual you are.
- They were men, holy and angelic in spirit, who preached the word of Allâh in different times and climes and in every land.
- But holy smoke, are their doughnuts amazing or what?
- So he had to be pretty sharp and he fell in love with a girl who he thought he was going to spend a weekend with, it happened to a lot of people, holy God, he was hooked.
- And I knew immediately, holy heavens, we are under attack.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Venezuela, pasapalo is small portions of food that are usually served with drinks at parties, bars, and social get-togethers.