Translation of holy in Spanish:
adjective -lier, -liest
- 1.1 (sacred, sanctified)(day)
de guardar(water)the Holy Bible
benditola Sagrada or Santa Bibliathe Holy Cityla Ciudad Santathe Holy Familyla Sagrada Familiathe Holy Father/Officeel Santo Padre/Oficiothe holy oillos santos óleosthe Holy Roodla Santa Cruzthe Holy Scripturelas Sagradas Escriturasa holy waruna guerra santaExample sentences1.2
- At the same time, we are committed to free access and free practice, to the members of the other two religions, to the holy shrines in Jerusalem.
- His act of praying transforms the cityscape into a sacred space and holy ground.
- He put the turban upon his head and set the gold rosette as symbol of holy dedication on the front of the turban as the Lord had commanded him.
Example sentences1.3 [colloquial]they had a holy horror of gambling
- What do the lives and service of holy women teach us about ordaining women?
- It also seems right to think that among such holy people, the broken, addicted, and deceived of our world will see the true way of life with its promise of healing, freedom, and peace.
- He was a very holy person who had a real interest in people.
el juego les parecía un sacrilegiothat child is a holy terrorese niño es el mismísimo demonio [colloquial]holy cow o mackerel o Moses o smoke!¡rayos y centellas!
- As a result my picture hopefully has a holy spiritual quality.
- Real prayer isn't about showing how good, holy or spiritual you are.
- They were men, holy and angelic in spirit, who preached the word of Allâh in different times and climes and in every land.
¡Dios bendito!Example sentences
- But holy smoke, are their doughnuts amazing or what?
- So he had to be pretty sharp and he fell in love with a girl who he thought he was going to spend a weekend with, it happened to a lot of people, holy God, he was hooked.
- And I knew immediately, holy heavens, we are under attack.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.