- 1.1 (tribute, sign of respect) [formal] homenaje (masculine) to pay homage to sb/sth rendir* homenaje a algn/algoMore example sentences1.2 (fealty) [History/Historia] homenaje (masculine)
More example sentences
- Hopefully as I embark on a long and fruitful career in the film business, there will be various homages to various directors I have respect for.
- In fact, it's obvious he utilized many other styles and shots from other directors, and affectionately refers to these as homages during the commentary.
- There are plenty of homages to other epic films too.
- Balliol therefore had to perform homage and fealty to Edward before his enthronement.
- The Scottish king submitted completely, offering liege homage and a 15,000 mark fine.
- Arthur duly did Philip homage and in July he invaded Poitou while Philip attacked Normandy.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
Today is a public holiday in Chile (Día de la Independencia)