- 1.1 (tribute, sign of respect) [formal] homenaje (m) to pay homage to sb/sth rendir* homenaje a algn/algoMore example sentences1.2 (fealty) [Hist] homenaje (m)
More example sentences
- Hopefully as I embark on a long and fruitful career in the film business, there will be various homages to various directors I have respect for.
- In fact, it's obvious he utilized many other styles and shots from other directors, and affectionately refers to these as homages during the commentary.
- There are plenty of homages to other epic films too.
- Balliol therefore had to perform homage and fealty to Edward before his enthronement.
- The Scottish king submitted completely, offering liege homage and a 15,000 mark fine.
- Arthur duly did Philip homage and in July he invaded Poitou while Philip attacked Normandy.
Browse other language resources
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...