Translation of homecoming in Spanish:
- 1.1 (return home)Example sentences1.2 (at school, college)
(American English) (fiesta estudiantil al comienzo del año académico con asistencia de ex-alumnos)Example sentences
- This is the homecoming, the return of the prodigal sons to the family fold.
- She received a huge homecoming on her return to Bradford and had lived and worked in the city ever since.
- Terry will have a homecoming this week, returning to the track where he received his only formal race instruction.
- Needing one more dress for the event, she modified her high school homecoming dress to compete.
- Ask him about the crown he had to wear when he was homecoming king of his high school.
- Espy still winces a little as he recalls a homecoming game at his daughter's high school.
Cultural Note: homecoming
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.