Translation of homecoming in Spanish:
- 1.1 (return home) regreso (masculine), vuelta (feminine) ([ a casa, a la patria etc ])Example sentences1.2 (at school, college) (American English/inglés norteamericano) [ fiesta estudiantil al comienzo del año académico con asistencia de ex-alumnos ]
- This is the homecoming, the return of the prodigal sons to the family fold.
- She received a huge homecoming on her return to Bradford and had lived and worked in the city ever since.
- Terry will have a homecoming this week, returning to the track where he received his only formal race instruction.
- Needing one more dress for the event, she modified her high school homecoming dress to compete.
- Ask him about the crown he had to wear when he was homecoming king of his high school.
- Espy still winces a little as he recalls a homecoming game at his daughter's high school.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.