- 1.1 (return home) regreso (m), vuelta (f) (a casa, a la patria etc)More example sentences1.2 (at school, college) (American English/inglés norteamericano) fiesta estudiantil al comienzo del año académico con asistencia de ex-alumnos
More example sentences
- This is the homecoming, the return of the prodigal sons to the family fold.
- She received a huge homecoming on her return to Bradford and had lived and worked in the city ever since.
- Terry will have a homecoming this week, returning to the track where he received his only formal race instruction.
- Needing one more dress for the event, she modified her high school homecoming dress to compete.
- Ask him about the crown he had to wear when he was homecoming king of his high school.
- Espy still winces a little as he recalls a homecoming game at his daughter's high school.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Bullfighting is popular in Spain and in Mexico, Colombia, Peru, and Venezuela. For some Spaniards it is crucial to Spanish identity. The season runs from March to October in Spain, from November to March in Latin America.