- 1.1 (return home) regreso (m), vuelta (f) (a casa, a la patria etc)More example sentences1.2 (at school, college) (AmE) fiesta estudiantil al comienzo del año académico con asistencia de ex-alumnos
More example sentences
- This is the homecoming, the return of the prodigal sons to the family fold.
- She received a huge homecoming on her return to Bradford and had lived and worked in the city ever since.
- Terry will have a homecoming this week, returning to the track where he received his only formal race instruction.
- Needing one more dress for the event, she modified her high school homecoming dress to compete.
- Ask him about the crown he had to wear when he was homecoming king of his high school.
- Espy still winces a little as he recalls a homecoming game at his daughter's high school.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Santería is a religious cult, fusing African beliefs and Catholicism, which developed among African Yoruba slaves in Cuba. Followers believe both in a single supreme being and also in orishas, deities who each share an identity with a Christian saint and who combine a force of nature with human characteristics. Rituals involve music, dancing, sacrificial offerings, divination, and going into trances.