Translation of homecoming in Spanish:
- 1.1 (return home) regreso (masculine), vuelta (feminine) ([ a casa, a la patria etc ])Example sentences1.2 (at school, college) (American English/inglés norteamericano) [ fiesta estudiantil al comienzo del año académico con asistencia de ex-alumnos ]
- This is the homecoming, the return of the prodigal sons to the family fold.
- She received a huge homecoming on her return to Bradford and had lived and worked in the city ever since.
- Terry will have a homecoming this week, returning to the track where he received his only formal race instruction.
- Needing one more dress for the event, she modified her high school homecoming dress to compete.
- Ask him about the crown he had to wear when he was homecoming king of his high school.
- Espy still winces a little as he recalls a homecoming game at his daughter's high school.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Venezuela, pasapalo is small portions of food that are usually served with drinks at parties, bars, and social get-togethers.