Translation of homecoming in Spanish:
- 1.1 (return home)Example sentences1.2 (at school, college)
(American English) (fiesta estudiantil al comienzo del año académico con asistencia de ex-alumnos)Example sentences
- This is the homecoming, the return of the prodigal sons to the family fold.
- She received a huge homecoming on her return to Bradford and had lived and worked in the city ever since.
- Terry will have a homecoming this week, returning to the track where he received his only formal race instruction.
- Needing one more dress for the event, she modified her high school homecoming dress to compete.
- Ask him about the crown he had to wear when he was homecoming king of his high school.
- Espy still winces a little as he recalls a homecoming game at his daughter's high school.
Cultural Note: homecoming
Un acontecimiento que se celebra cada año en los establecimientos de enseñanza superior en EEUU. Por lo general tiene lugar en el otoño cuando los antiguos alumnos regresan para participar en toda clase de actividades, entre las que se incluyen un homecoming game de fútbol, un homecoming parade y el homecoming dance. También se elige a la homecoming queen.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.