- 1.1 (country of origin) patria (f), tierra (f) natalMore example sentences1.2 (in South Africa) homeland (masculine)
More example sentences
- He figured he had a better chance at success as a native in his homeland than in the U.S. as a foreigner.
- However, when these Muslims left their homelands for foreign lands, it was with a missionary spirit.
- A group of five students from Germany have organised an exhibition in Sligo on their native homeland.
- At present, these courts are governed by the statutes of the former apartheid government and the former homelands and self-governing territories.
- Africans living in the homelands needed passports to enter South Africa.
- The Bantu homelands were abolished following South Africa's adoption of a multiracial constitution in 1994 and South African nationality was restored to all their citizens.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Basque autonomous police force is called Ertzaintza. Its members, called ertzainas, wear a uniform of red sweaters and berets, and white jackets. Despite the Ertzaintza's wide range of responsibilities, the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional still operate in the Basque Country.