Translation of homeland in Spanish:
- 1.1 (country of origin) patria (feminine), tierra (feminine) natalExample sentences1.2 (in South Africa) homeland (masculine)
- He figured he had a better chance at success as a native in his homeland than in the U.S. as a foreigner.
- However, when these Muslims left their homelands for foreign lands, it was with a missionary spirit.
- A group of five students from Germany have organised an exhibition in Sligo on their native homeland.
- At present, these courts are governed by the statutes of the former apartheid government and the former homelands and self-governing territories.
- Africans living in the homelands needed passports to enter South Africa.
- The Bantu homelands were abolished following South Africa's adoption of a multiracial constitution in 1994 and South African nationality was restored to all their citizens.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.