- 1.1 (country of origin) patria (f), tierra (f) natalMore example sentences1.2 (in South Africa) homeland (m)
More example sentences
- He figured he had a better chance at success as a native in his homeland than in the U.S. as a foreigner.
- However, when these Muslims left their homelands for foreign lands, it was with a missionary spirit.
- A group of five students from Germany have organised an exhibition in Sligo on their native homeland.
- At present, these courts are governed by the statutes of the former apartheid government and the former homelands and self-governing territories.
- Africans living in the homelands needed passports to enter South Africa.
- The Bantu homelands were abolished following South Africa's adoption of a multiracial constitution in 1994 and South African nationality was restored to all their citizens.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.