Translation of homeland in Spanish:
- 1.1 (country of origin) patria (feminine), tierra (feminine) natalExample sentences1.2 (in South Africa) homeland (masculine)
- He figured he had a better chance at success as a native in his homeland than in the U.S. as a foreigner.
- However, when these Muslims left their homelands for foreign lands, it was with a missionary spirit.
- A group of five students from Germany have organised an exhibition in Sligo on their native homeland.
- At present, these courts are governed by the statutes of the former apartheid government and the former homelands and self-governing territories.
- Africans living in the homelands needed passports to enter South Africa.
- The Bantu homelands were abolished following South Africa's adoption of a multiracial constitution in 1994 and South African nationality was restored to all their citizens.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.