Translation of homeland in Spanish:
- 1.1 (country of origin) patria (feminine), tierra (feminine) natalExample sentences1.2 (in South Africa) homeland (masculine)
- He figured he had a better chance at success as a native in his homeland than in the U.S. as a foreigner.
- However, when these Muslims left their homelands for foreign lands, it was with a missionary spirit.
- A group of five students from Germany have organised an exhibition in Sligo on their native homeland.
- At present, these courts are governed by the statutes of the former apartheid government and the former homelands and self-governing territories.
- Africans living in the homelands needed passports to enter South Africa.
- The Bantu homelands were abolished following South Africa's adoption of a multiracial constitution in 1994 and South African nationality was restored to all their citizens.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the