Translation of homely in Spanish:
adjective -lier, -liest
- 1(meal/food)a homely woman (British English)
caserouna mujer muy de su casaExample sentences
- Contact sessions are held in purposefully homely rooms with comfortable easy chairs and lots of toys, games and activities.
- It is one of the most homely places in town where a warm welcome and friendly smile awaits all visitors.
- There's a warm and homely atmosphere to go with the fare of traditional country cooking and game.
- Nestled among her descriptions of food at posh New York restaurants is a handful of recipes for the simple, homely food that she cooks at home.
- Mary was blessed with a natural and homely disposition.
- The Chinese have an ordinary homely dish made of fish head stewed with tofu, which is bland and believed to be healthy.
- 2 (plain, ugly)(American English)
- At first glance, it would seem that the decision to cast the luminous Greta Garbo as the homely Christina is Hollywood historical revisionism at its most overt.
- An older, very homely woman answered and let him in.
- Not for the first time, I wished I was homely and forgettable.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.