Translation of homely in Spanish:
adjective/adjetivo (-lier, -liest)
- 1.1 [meal/food] casero; [atmosphere/room/furnishings] acogedor, hogareño a homely woman (British English/inglés británico) una mujer muy de su casaExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (plain, ugly) (American English/inglés norteamericano) feo
- Contact sessions are held in purposefully homely rooms with comfortable easy chairs and lots of toys, games and activities.
- It is one of the most homely places in town where a warm welcome and friendly smile awaits all visitors.
- There's a warm and homely atmosphere to go with the fare of traditional country cooking and game.
- Nestled among her descriptions of food at posh New York restaurants is a handful of recipes for the simple, homely food that she cooks at home.
- Mary was blessed with a natural and homely disposition.
- The Chinese have an ordinary homely dish made of fish head stewed with tofu, which is bland and believed to be healthy.
- At first glance, it would seem that the decision to cast the luminous Greta Garbo as the homely Christina is Hollywood historical revisionism at its most overt.
- An older, very homely woman answered and let him in.
- Not for the first time, I wished I was homely and forgettable.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.