Translation of homespun in Spanish:
- 1.1 (down-to-earth) [philosophy] de andar por casa, popular; [wisdom] popular; [virtue/folks] sencilloExample sentences1.2 [wool] hilado artesanalmente or a mano homespun cloth tejido (masculine) artesanal
- She is conscious that her simple, homespun style left her open to misinterpretation.
- But she said he would benefit most from a piece of simple homespun advice.
- Already famous as the inventor of the lightning conductor, his homespun philosophizing and simple style charmed the world of the Court and the intellectual salons alike.
- Both male and female folk costumes made of homespun cloth and sheepskin were multi-colored and featured intricate embroidery.
- In the past, clothing was most often rough homespun cloth made from their own cotton, but today manufactured fabric or store-bought clothes are increasingly common.
- The early immigrants were usually clothed in homespun cloth and caps.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.