- 1.1 (down-to-earth) [philosophy] de andar por casa, popular; [wisdom] popular; [virtue/folks] sencilloMore example sentences1.2 [wool] hilado artesanalmente or a mano homespun cloth tejido (masculine) artesanal
More example sentences
- She is conscious that her simple, homespun style left her open to misinterpretation.
- But she said he would benefit most from a piece of simple homespun advice.
- Already famous as the inventor of the lightning conductor, his homespun philosophizing and simple style charmed the world of the Court and the intellectual salons alike.
- Both male and female folk costumes made of homespun cloth and sheepskin were multi-colored and featured intricate embroidery.
- In the past, clothing was most often rough homespun cloth made from their own cotton, but today manufactured fabric or store-bought clothes are increasingly common.
- The early immigrants were usually clothed in homespun cloth and caps.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, pinchos are small portions of food, often on a cocktail stick, eaten in a bar or cafe. Often free, they are similar to