- 1.1 (down-to-earth) [philosophy] de andar por casa, popular; [wisdom] popular; [virtue/folks] sencilloMore example sentences1.2 [wool] hilado artesanalmente or a mano homespun cloth tejido (masculine) artesanal
More example sentences
- She is conscious that her simple, homespun style left her open to misinterpretation.
- But she said he would benefit most from a piece of simple homespun advice.
- Already famous as the inventor of the lightning conductor, his homespun philosophizing and simple style charmed the world of the Court and the intellectual salons alike.
- Both male and female folk costumes made of homespun cloth and sheepskin were multi-colored and featured intricate embroidery.
- In the past, clothing was most often rough homespun cloth made from their own cotton, but today manufactured fabric or store-bought clothes are increasingly common.
- The early immigrants were usually clothed in homespun cloth and caps.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Paro is the name in Spain for both unemployment and unemployment benefit. The period for which paro can be claimed ranges from three months to a year, depending on how long a person has been working. The amount paid decreases over the period of unemployment.