Translation of homicide in Spanish:
- 1.1 u and c (crime, act) homicidio (masculine); (before noun/delante del nombre) [investigation] de un homicidio; [trial] por homicidioExample sentences1.2 countable/numerable (murderer) [formal] homicida (masculine and feminine)
Example sentences1.3 uncountable/no numerable (police squad) (American English/inglés norteamericano) [colloquial/familiar], homicidios (masculine)
- The principal felonies were homicide, rape, theft, burglary, robbery and arson.
- He was charged with criminal homicide and is lodged in the county prison.
- Men, on the other hand, had been sentenced to prison primarily for serious assault, drugs, homicide, and robbery.
- An extraordinary 40 per cent of homicides cannot remember the moment of murder.
- Det Supt Andy Brennan, of West Yorkshire Police's Homicide and Major Enquiry Team, said the woman's injuries included a number of bruises to her body, and marks around her neck.
- Operation Recall, led by West Yorkshire Police's newly formed Homicide and Major Enquiry Team, has already resulted in two men being charged.
- One of the five detained during the weekend was held in St Vincent on Friday by two local policemen, one from Homicide, the other a detective.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.