- 1.1 u c (crime, act) homicidio (m); (before n) [investigation] de un homicidio; [trial] por homicidioMore example sentences1.2 c (murderer) [formal] homicida (mf)
More example sentences1.3 u (police squad) (AmE) [colloquial/familiar], homicidios (m)
- The principal felonies were homicide, rape, theft, burglary, robbery and arson.
- He was charged with criminal homicide and is lodged in the county prison.
- Men, on the other hand, had been sentenced to prison primarily for serious assault, drugs, homicide, and robbery.
More example sentences
- An extraordinary 40 per cent of homicides cannot remember the moment of murder.
- Det Supt Andy Brennan, of West Yorkshire Police's Homicide and Major Enquiry Team, said the woman's injuries included a number of bruises to her body, and marks around her neck.
- Operation Recall, led by West Yorkshire Police's newly formed Homicide and Major Enquiry Team, has already resulted in two men being charged.
- One of the five detained during the weekend was held in St Vincent on Friday by two local policemen, one from Homicide, the other a detective.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Today is Fiesta de Santiago (St James' Day). The famous Camino de Santiago, the pilgrimage of thousands of people from all over Spain and many other parts of Europe to the holy city of Santiago de Compostela, takes place in the week leading up to St James' Day, 25 July. The city also has its fiestas around this time. The streets are full of musicians and performers for two weeks of celebrations culminating in the Festival del Apóstol.