- 1.1 u c (crime, act) homicidio (m); (before n) [investigation] de un homicidio; [trial] por homicidioMore example sentences1.2 c (murderer) [formal] homicida (mf)
More example sentences1.3 u (police squad) (AmE) [colloquial/familiar], homicidios (m)
- The principal felonies were homicide, rape, theft, burglary, robbery and arson.
- He was charged with criminal homicide and is lodged in the county prison.
- Men, on the other hand, had been sentenced to prison primarily for serious assault, drugs, homicide, and robbery.
More example sentences
- An extraordinary 40 per cent of homicides cannot remember the moment of murder.
- Det Supt Andy Brennan, of West Yorkshire Police's Homicide and Major Enquiry Team, said the woman's injuries included a number of bruises to her body, and marks around her neck.
- Operation Recall, led by West Yorkshire Police's newly formed Homicide and Major Enquiry Team, has already resulted in two men being charged.
- One of the five detained during the weekend was held in St Vincent on Friday by two local policemen, one from Homicide, the other a detective.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...