Translation of homing in Spanish:
- (before noun/delante del nombre) [instinct] de volver al hogar; [device/missile] buscadorExample sentences
- Their homing abilities could also provide scientists with new clues to the long-debated role of the Earth's magnetic fields in animal movements and migrations.
- The relocation operation relies on the birds' excellent natural homing instinct, which compels them to return to the site where they hatched.
- To see whether they have a homing ability, Boles caught more than 100 lobsters in different locations and transported them for about an hour in various deceptive ways to a test site.
- He didn't look to the left, he didn't look to the right, he came straight in the door and ran straight down to my brother like a homing missile.
- It is an optically-sighted weapon, but also contains a heat-seeking homing device.
- The Lynx adds considerably to the destroyer's firepower - it can fly at 180 knots, and has its own Sea Skua anti-ship missiles and homing torpedoes.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.