- (before noun/delante del nombre) [instinct] de volver al hogar; [device/missile] buscadorMore example sentences
More example sentences
- Their homing abilities could also provide scientists with new clues to the long-debated role of the Earth's magnetic fields in animal movements and migrations.
- The relocation operation relies on the birds' excellent natural homing instinct, which compels them to return to the site where they hatched.
- To see whether they have a homing ability, Boles caught more than 100 lobsters in different locations and transported them for about an hour in various deceptive ways to a test site.
- He didn't look to the left, he didn't look to the right, he came straight in the door and ran straight down to my brother like a homing missile.
- It is an optically-sighted weapon, but also contains a heat-seeking homing device.
- The Lynx adds considerably to the destroyer's firepower - it can fly at 180 knots, and has its own Sea Skua anti-ship missiles and homing torpedoes.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
The Chilean presidential palace in the capital, Santiago, is called Palacio de la Moneda.