Translation of honest in Spanish:
- 1 (trustworthy, upright)(face)to make an honest living
de persona honrada or honestaganarse la vida honradamenteto earn o turn an honest dollar o buck o (British English) penny [colloquial]ganarse el pan honradamentehe made an honest woman of her [humorous]cumplió y se casó con ellaExample sentences
- For a transaction of this magnitude to be successful, all parties involved must be honest, sincere and truthful to one another.
- As a Republican, I sincerely thank you for your honest, open, sincere and thoughtful dialogue.
- Remember, your compliments must be honest, sincere and genuine.
- ‘From the beginning we have been asking for fair and honest elections,’ he said.
- All but four members of the commission said that the last election was fair and honest.
- I believe that only a truly even-handed approach can lead to an honest, morally convincing, and effective human rights policy.
- 2 (sincere)(opinion/attempt)you're not being honest with me
sincerono estás siendo sincero or franco conmigolet's be honest: it was a disasterseamos sinceros or francos: fue un desastreto be honest with you …si quieres que te diga la verdad or que te sea sincero …be honestsé sincero
di la verdad
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.