Translation of honestly in Spanish:
- 1.1 (sincerely) I can honestly say (that) …I don't know and I honestly don't carepuedo decir con toda sinceridad que …no lo sé y la verdad es que no me importaExample sentences1.2 (sentence adv) I don't mind, honestly
1.3 (as interjection) (expressing exasperation)en serio or de verdad (que) no me importaoh, honestly! let me do it!¡por favor!¡por favor! anda, deja que lo hago yoExample sentences1.4 (legitimately)
- I sincerely and honestly regret everything that happened.
- I found the images truly sickening and I honestly could not believe that you would decide to publish them.
- I honestly believe that it wasn't just an attack on America, although it happened here in America.
(act/earn)con honradezExample sentences
- Oh, honestly! Could my day possibly be more boring?
- Oh honestly, was that really necessary?
- Honestly, did you have to tell everyone?
- Would you trust this man to behave fairly, honestly, and ethically in his portfolio?
- He had reached a wrong conclusion, but there was every indication that he had come to this decision honestly and honourably.
- We would do better to deal honestly with what they have shown us than to criticize them for speaking the truth without love.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.