Translation of honestly in Spanish:
- 1.1 (sincerely) [answer/say/think] sinceramente, francamente I can honestly say (that) … puedo decir con toda sinceridad que … I don't know and I honestly don't care no lo sé y la verdad es que no me importaExample sentences1.2 (sentence adv) en serio, de verdad I don't mind, honestly en serio or de verdad (que) no me importa 1.3 (as interjection/como interjección) (expressing exasperation) ¡por favor! oh, honestly! let me do it! ¡por favor! anda, deja que lo hago yo
Example sentences1.4 (legitimately) [act/earn] con honradez, honradamente
- I sincerely and honestly regret everything that happened.
- I found the images truly sickening and I honestly could not believe that you would decide to publish them.
- I honestly believe that it wasn't just an attack on America, although it happened here in America.
- Oh, honestly! Could my day possibly be more boring?
- Oh honestly, was that really necessary?
- Honestly, did you have to tell everyone?
- Would you trust this man to behave fairly, honestly, and ethically in his portfolio?
- He had reached a wrong conclusion, but there was every indication that he had come to this decision honestly and honourably.
- We would do better to deal honestly with what they have shown us than to criticize them for speaking the truth without love.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to