Translation of honeycomb in Spanish:
- 1 countable and uncountable (Cooking)Example sentences
- The surplus is stored away in the honeycomb to sustain the bees throughout the flowerless months of autumn and winter.
- Once the bee has made it home again, it barfs up the half-digested nectar and stores it in honeycombs.
- Other topics which Maclaurin wrote on were the annular eclipse of the sun in 1737 and the structure of bees' honeycombs.
- 2 uncountable (Technology) (before noun)(pattern/weave/cloth)
de nido de abejaExample sentences
- One of the throw pillows had a honeycomb pattern that made me dizzy.
- The final winner was Eriskay fabric, a worsted material with an unusual honeycomb texture, designed by Catherine Murray from Bute Fabrics.
- The honeycomb texture is recessed rather than raised, and is available in a wide range of colours from rich vibrant reds, yellows, oranges, blues and greens to more unexpected pastel shades.
- to be honeycombed
withsomethingthe rock was honeycombed with passagesel interior de la roca era un laberinto de pasadizosExample sentences
- The island, itself, is honeycombed with tunnels.
- It still had a functional role in WW II, when the cliffs on which it stood were honeycombed with tunnels.
- The building will be honeycombed with courtyards, which will be planted with trees and shrubs, and there will be disabled access throughout.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.