Translation of honeymoon in Spanish:
- 1.1 (after wedding) luna (feminine) de miel they're going to Paris on o for their honeymoon se van a París de viaje de novios or de luna de miel (before noun/delante del nombre) the honeymoon couple la pareja de recién casadosExample sentences1.2 (period of grace) luna (feminine) de miel
- A couple on their honeymoon are driving through a remote part of America in a mini-bus.
- The reception was held at the Castlecourt Hotel, Westport and afterwards the happy couple left on their honeymoon.
- He and his 28-year-old wife were on their honeymoon, having got married just three days earlier.
- After all, a new president enjoys a honeymoon period of three months at most.
- But those first few days turned out to be the honeymoon period.
- Even when he was enjoying a honeymoon period in the job in the early months of the season, O'Leary was sensitive about his image and that of his players.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, the paga extra (or paga extraordinaria) is a bonus payment equivalent to a month's salary, paid twice a year, at Christmas and in July before the summer vacation, on top of the normal monthly salary. These bonuses are written into most permanent employment contracts.