Translation of honorary in Spanish:
- (secretary/consul/degree/member)she was given an honorary doctorate
honorariole concedieron un doctorado honoris causaExample sentences
- During his visit to Ireland, Peck was conferred with an honorary doctorate in literature by the National University of Ireland in April 2000.
- Mysore University had conferred an honorary doctorate on him.
- Mr Prodi will be conferred with an honorary doctorate at a special ceremony in the University of Limerick in the afternoon.
- He was also elected to honorary positions such as honorary president of the Janos Bolyai Mathematical Society and the John von Neumann Society for Computer Science.
- He was given the title of honorary physician to the Queen in 1967 for his public health work in Lancashire and for advising the Ministry of Health.
- The writer is honorary senior research fellow in sociology and modern Korea at Leeds University.
- The UK ambassador to Thailand will represent Britain at commemorative events on Phi Phi island and Britain's honorary consul is attending a ceremony on Phuket.
- ‘No one could ever have imagined this horror,’ says Mike Wilson, Britain's first honorary consul on the island.
- He was subsequently invited to become the country's honorary consul in Sheffield, where there is a large Polish community.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.