Translation of honorary in Spanish:
- [secretary/consul/degree/member] honorario she was given an honorary doctorate le concedieron un doctorado honoris causaExample sentences
- During his visit to Ireland, Peck was conferred with an honorary doctorate in literature by the National University of Ireland in April 2000.
- Mysore University had conferred an honorary doctorate on him.
- Mr Prodi will be conferred with an honorary doctorate at a special ceremony in the University of Limerick in the afternoon.
- He was also elected to honorary positions such as honorary president of the Janos Bolyai Mathematical Society and the John von Neumann Society for Computer Science.
- He was given the title of honorary physician to the Queen in 1967 for his public health work in Lancashire and for advising the Ministry of Health.
- The writer is honorary senior research fellow in sociology and modern Korea at Leeds University.
- The UK ambassador to Thailand will represent Britain at commemorative events on Phi Phi island and Britain's honorary consul is attending a ceremony on Phuket.
- ‘No one could ever have imagined this horror,’ says Mike Wilson, Britain's first honorary consul on the island.
- He was subsequently invited to become the country's honorary consul in Sheffield, where there is a large Polish community.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to