Translation of hoof in Spanish:
noun plural hoofs or hooves
- 1.1 (Zoology) (of horse)(of cow)cattle on the hoofExample sentences1.2 (person's foot) [colloquial] [humorous]
- With their teeth, hooves, horns and dung, wildebeest have literally cultivated the grasslands.
- I closed my eyes, the horses hooves and the rocking of the carriage almost lulling me to sleep.
- She heard the clopping of horse hooves but she didn't know where it was coming from.
- to hoof it [colloquial]ir a pata [colloquial]Example sentences
- If you are required to keep your cart on the path, you can end up walking farther than you would have if you hoofed it.
- Why go with a guide instead of hoofing it on your own?
- The bus wheezed up the road to the village of Naggar, where we disembarked, hoisted our packs, and started hoofing it.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.