Translation of hoof in Spanish:
noun plural hoofs or hooves
- 1 (Zoology) (of horse)(of cow) pezuña (feminine)cattle on the hoofExample sentences
- With their teeth, hooves, horns and dung, wildebeest have literally cultivated the grasslands.
- I closed my eyes, the horses hooves and the rocking of the carriage almost lulling me to sleep.
- She heard the clopping of horse hooves but she didn't know where it was coming from.
- to hoof it [colloquial]ir a pata [colloquial]Example sentences
- If you are required to keep your cart on the path, you can end up walking farther than you would have if you hoofed it.
- Why go with a guide instead of hoofing it on your own?
- The bus wheezed up the road to the village of Naggar, where we disembarked, hoisted our packs, and started hoofing it.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.