n (pl hoofs or , hooves)
- 1.1 [Zool] (of horse) casco (m), vaso (m) (RPl) , pezuña (f) (Méx) ; (of cow) pezuña (f) cattle on the hoof ganado (m) en pieMore example sentences1.2 (person's foot) [colloq & hum] pata (f) [fam & hum], pezuña (f) [fam & hum]
- With their teeth, hooves, horns and dung, wildebeest have literally cultivated the grasslands.
- I closed my eyes, the horses hooves and the rocking of the carriage almost lulling me to sleep.
- She heard the clopping of horse hooves but she didn't know where it was coming from.
- to hoof it [colloquial/familiar] ir* a pata [familiar/colloquial]More example sentences
- If you are required to keep your cart on the path, you can end up walking farther than you would have if you hoofed it.
- Why go with a guide instead of hoofing it on your own?
- The bus wheezed up the road to the village of Naggar, where we disembarked, hoisted our packs, and started hoofing it.