- (British)Example sentences
- With their famous prancing horse insignia and red livery, Ferraris are racing cars in the same way that Hoovers are vacuum cleaners or Rizlas are cigarette papers.
- There's a plastic railway buffet display unit for sandwiches on the worktop, genuine adverts, circa 1962, for Hoovers on the walls, and a Bakelite radio on the windowsill.
- The magazine, aimed at women with advice on lifestyle issues and consumer products ranging from Hoovers to holidays, has existed in the UK since 1922.
pasar la aspiradora por
pasar el aspirador por
aspirar (Latin America)Example sentences
- Animals get the star treatment - cows are hoovered clean while attentive stable hands polish every inch of the horses' hooves.
- Marie is the mother of the flat, she's really clean and leaves notes around: ‘Boys, hoover the floor!’
- Someone else hoovers the carpet before you think it needs doing.
Definition of Hoover in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.