- (British English) (carpet/room)pasar la aspiradora porpasar el aspirador porExample sentences
- Animals get the star treatment - cows are hoovered clean while attentive stable hands polish every inch of the horses' hooves.
- Marie is the mother of the flat, she's really clean and leaves notes around: ‘Boys, hoover the floor!’
- Someone else hoovers the carpet before you think it needs doing.
Definition of Hoover in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.