- 1.1 (in hopeful way) the dog looked hopefully at its masterel perro miró expectante a su dueñocan you pay me in dollars? she asked hopefully—¿puedes pagarme en dólares? —preguntó esperanzadaExample sentences1.2 (sentence adv) [criticized usage]hopefully, Jim will have remembered
es de esperar que Jim se haya acordadowhen do you leave? — hopefully, on Friday¿cuándo te vas? — el viernes, espero or si Dios quieremethods which, hopefully, will speed up productionmétodos que, se espera, aceleren la producciónExample sentences
- Even the most hopefully titled song turns out to catalogue misery and disaster.
- Several of our clients are looking hopefully at this new circuit with some expected performance increases.
- The revision has already had an impact on research, hopefully in a positive manner.
- We got in touch with Umbro and hopefully they took some of our suggestions on board.
- I have never had the best of luck in Old Firm games and hopefully I can start to turn that.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.