- 1.1 (in hopeful way) See examples: the dog looked hopefully at its mastercan you pay me in dollars? she asked hopefullyel perro miró expectante a su dueño—¿puedes pagarme en dólares? —preguntó esperanzadaExample sentences1.2 (sentence adv) [criticized usage]hopefully, Jim will have remembered
when do you leave? — hopefully, on Fridayes de esperar que Jim se haya acordadomethods which, hopefully, will speed up production¿cuándo te vas? — el viernes, espero or si Dios quieremétodos que, se espera, aceleren la producciónExample sentences
- Even the most hopefully titled song turns out to catalogue misery and disaster.
- Several of our clients are looking hopefully at this new circuit with some expected performance increases.
- The revision has already had an impact on research, hopefully in a positive manner.
- We got in touch with Umbro and hopefully they took some of our suggestions on board.
- I have never had the best of luck in Old Firm games and hopefully I can start to turn that.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the