Translation of hopefully in Spanish:
- 1.1 (in hopeful way) the dog looked hopefully at its master el perro miró expectante a su dueño can you pay me in dollars? she asked hopefully —¿puedes pagarme en dólares? —preguntó esperanzadaExample sentences1.2 (sentence adv) [criticized usage/uso criticado] hopefully, Jim will have remembered es de esperar que Jim se haya acordado when do you leave? — hopefully, on Friday ¿cuándo te vas? — el viernes, espero or si Dios quiere methods which, hopefully, will speed up production métodos que, se espera, aceleren la producción
- Even the most hopefully titled song turns out to catalogue misery and disaster.
- Several of our clients are looking hopefully at this new circuit with some expected performance increases.
- The revision has already had an impact on research, hopefully in a positive manner.
- We got in touch with Umbro and hopefully they took some of our suggestions on board.
- I have never had the best of luck in Old Firm games and hopefully I can start to turn that.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.