Translation of hose in Spanish:
- 1 c and u (pipe) manguera (feminine), manga (feminine); [Cars/Automovilismo] manguito (masculine) a fire hose una manguera contra incendiosExample sentences
- Than remove the drain hose from the drain line and place it, along with the inlet water hoses into the tube.
- Many have taken to hiding their garden hoses or to watering plants after dark so that few questions are asked.
- Water and fertilizer are dispersed to the plants via hoses, Y-connections and drip pins.
- 2 [Clothing/Indumentaria] (+ plural verb/+ verbo en plural) 2.1 (socks) [dated/anticuado] calcetines (masculine plural), medias (feminine plural) (Latin America/América Latina) a pair of gentlemen's hose un par de calcetines de caballero 2.2 [History/Historia] [Theater/Teatro] (tights) calzas (feminine plural), malla (feminine) 2.3 (American English/inglés norteamericano) pantyhoseExample sentences
- Get sexy and lean for night with black fishnet hose as favored by Tom Ford for Yves Saint Laurent.
- If so, should you wear hose with them or brave the cold?
- Thinking some more, I think you should definitely go without the hose.
- He was clad in a royal-looking doublet, hose and an over-tunic, which bore a crest.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
hose downverb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento lavar ([ con manguera ])
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.