Translation of hostile in Spanish:
- 1.1 [person/atmosphere/manner] hostil to be hostile
tosth ser* hostil aalgo to be hostile too towardsb ser* hostil conor haciaalgnExample sentences1.2 [troops/territory] hostil
Example sentences1.3 [Business/Comercio] hostil
- But it was clear last night that the proposals would face hostile opposition from some health professionals and parents' groups.
- On the other hand, it meant that some of his ideas provoked hostile opposition, while others were greeted with incomprehension or indifference.
- And they have recognised that the movement must be built in the face of hostile opposition from a Labour government.
- At least 80 troops are listed simply as killed in enemy or hostile action.
- We shouldn't interpret this yet as moving toward enemy status or hostile status.
- This can create some interesting maneuvers as Rayne takes on nearby enemies while evading hostile fire.
- Cable company Comcast sprang a hostile takeover bid on Disney on February 11.
- Irish software firm Riverdeep is a prime target for a hostile takeover bid, according to industry analysts.
- It marks the first time a foreign company has launched a hostile takeover bid for a mainland company.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.