Translation of hostility in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable (unfriendliness, opposition)hostility (
too towardsomebody/something)Example sentences
- Such was the anger and hostility among the callers that one official refused to take any more calls.
- In fact they will probably go along with it, not wanting to attract further hostility from the military.
- Any identity built on hostility to others can change the object of its hostility as easily as a man changes his coat.
- 2also: hostilities plural(Military) [formal]hostilidades (feminine plural) [formal]the end of hostilities hostilities broke outcomenzaron las hostilidadesExample sentences
- Plans were made for a second campaign but renewed hostilities in Gaul delayed action until the following year.
- VE Day passed by with little impact on those still engaged in hostilities in the Far East.
- Many of those people know perfectly well that they will be engaged in hostilities.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.