Translation of hostility in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable/no numerable (unfriendliness, opposition) hostility (
too towardsb/sth) hostilidad (feminine)( haciaalgn/algo)Example sentences
- Such was the anger and hostility among the callers that one official refused to take any more calls.
- In fact they will probably go along with it, not wanting to attract further hostility from the military.
- Any identity built on hostility to others can change the object of its hostility as easily as a man changes his coat.
- 2(hostilities plural)[Military/Militar] [formal] hostilidades (feminine plural) [formal] the end of hostilities el cese de las hostilidades hostilities broke out comenzaron las hostilidadesExample sentences
- Plans were made for a second campaign but renewed hostilities in Gaul delayed action until the following year.
- VE Day passed by with little impact on those still engaged in hostilities in the Far East.
- Many of those people know perfectly well that they will be engaged in hostilities.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.