Translation of hostility in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable (unfriendliness, opposition) See examples:hostility (
too towardsomebody/something)Example sentences
- Such was the anger and hostility among the callers that one official refused to take any more calls.
- In fact they will probably go along with it, not wanting to attract further hostility from the military.
- Any identity built on hostility to others can change the object of its hostility as easily as a man changes his coat.
- 2also: hostilities plural(Military) [formal]the end of hostilities hostilities broke outhostilidades (feminine plural) [formal]comenzaron las hostilidadesExample sentences
- Plans were made for a second campaign but renewed hostilities in Gaul delayed action until the following year.
- VE Day passed by with little impact on those still engaged in hostilities in the Far East.
- Many of those people know perfectly well that they will be engaged in hostilities.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.