Translation of hot dog in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Cookery/Cocina] perro (masculine) or perrito (masculine) caliente, pancho (masculine) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata)Example sentences1.2 (show-off) (American English/inglés norteamericano) [colloquial/familiar], fanfarrón, (masculine, feminine) [colloquial/familiar]
Example sentences1.3 (as interjection/como interjección) (American English/inglés norteamericano) [slang/argot] hot dog! ¡caray! [colloquial/familiar] [euphemistic/eufemístico]
- The essence of baseball food is a bun-wrapped wiener - be it hot dog, bratwurst or sausage.
- On Sundays, the bar opens its kitchen, serving burgers, hot dogs, and pizza.
- Fresh meat is lower in sodium than luncheon meat, bacon, hot dogs, sausage and ham.
- The viewers in my house were all worried about redneck/macho reactions among competitors when Kobayashi first won the hot dog round and then went on to win the grand prize.
- And with spectacular past performances in hot dog waves as a guide - talent wise - Tim has what it takes to go wire-to-wire.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.