Translation of hot dog in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Cookery/Cocina] perro (masculine) or perrito (masculine) caliente, pancho (masculine) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata)Example sentences1.2 (show-off) (American English/inglés norteamericano) [colloquial/familiar], fanfarrón, (masculine, feminine) [colloquial/familiar]
Example sentences1.3 (as interjection/como interjección) (American English/inglés norteamericano) [slang/argot] hot dog! ¡caray! [colloquial/familiar] [euphemistic/eufemístico]
- The essence of baseball food is a bun-wrapped wiener - be it hot dog, bratwurst or sausage.
- On Sundays, the bar opens its kitchen, serving burgers, hot dogs, and pizza.
- Fresh meat is lower in sodium than luncheon meat, bacon, hot dogs, sausage and ham.
- The viewers in my house were all worried about redneck/macho reactions among competitors when Kobayashi first won the hot dog round and then went on to win the grand prize.
- And with spectacular past performances in hot dog waves as a guide - talent wise - Tim has what it takes to go wire-to-wire.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.