Translation of hot dog in Spanish:
- 1.1 (Cookery)perro (masculine) or perrito (masculine) caliente
pancho (masculine) (River Plate area)Example sentences1.2 (show-off)
(American English) [colloquial]
- The essence of baseball food is a bun-wrapped wiener - be it hot dog, bratwurst or sausage.
- On Sundays, the bar opens its kitchen, serving burgers, hot dogs, and pizza.
- Fresh meat is lower in sodium than luncheon meat, bacon, hot dogs, sausage and ham.
fanfarrón, (-rrona) (masculine, feminine) [colloquial]Example sentences1.3 (as interjection) (American English) [slang]hot dog!
¡caray! [colloquial] [euphemistic]
- The viewers in my house were all worried about redneck/macho reactions among competitors when Kobayashi first won the hot dog round and then went on to win the grand prize.
- And with spectacular past performances in hot dog waves as a guide - talent wise - Tim has what it takes to go wire-to-wire.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.