Translation of hound in Spanish:
- 1.1 (hunting dog) perro (masculine) de caza, sabueso (masculine) a pack of hounds una jauría to ride to o follow the hounds cazar* con jauríaExample sentences1.2 (any dog) [humorous/humorístico] chucho (masculine) [colloquial/familiar], pichicho (masculine) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) [colloquial/familiar]
- The Dachshund was bred as a badger hound or hunting dog and is known to have existed from the oldest breeds of German hunting dogs such as the Bibarhund.
- For thousands of years nomadic tribes of the Middle East have bred a hunting hound called the saluki.
- Topics under discussion ranged from hunting hounds on the track, through to the future of the East Coast Main Line and problems at Leeds Station.
- We had 10 years to get his measure, and we got it well enough: he is a publicity hound, an arch opportunist, a cold-eyed political calculator - a hard man, it has to be said, to like, if not to respect.
- I think our police chief is a media-savvy publicity hound, overly obsessed with his own public image and the image of his force.
- Underneath, his light-blue oxford was soaked, proving that the Northwest Passage could still make a sea hound sweat.
- This marks an interesting divide because women - especially California women - have certainly been willing and eager to vote for that other rapacious hound.
- Not surprisingly, this gruesome war against the darkest recesses of the human spirit has left him a battered old hound, riddled with scars and guilt.
- Is this old Hollywood hound learning new tricks?
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- acosar he is being hounded by the press está siendo perseguido y acosado por la prensa he was hounded from the city lo persiguieron hasta hacerlo abandonar la ciudad
hound downverb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento darle* caza a
hound outverb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento over the years all his enemies were hounded out con el tiempo se deshizo de todos sus enemigos she was hounded out of office tanto la acosaron, que tuvo que dejar el cargo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.