Translation of hound in Spanish:
- 1 (hunting dog) a pack of houndsuna jauríato ride to o follow the houndscazar con jauríaExample sentences
- The Dachshund was bred as a badger hound or hunting dog and is known to have existed from the oldest breeds of German hunting dogs such as the Bibarhund.
- For thousands of years nomadic tribes of the Middle East have bred a hunting hound called the saluki.
- Topics under discussion ranged from hunting hounds on the track, through to the future of the East Coast Main Line and problems at Leeds Station.
- 2 (any dog) [humorous]Example sentences
- We had 10 years to get his measure, and we got it well enough: he is a publicity hound, an arch opportunist, a cold-eyed political calculator - a hard man, it has to be said, to like, if not to respect.
- I think our police chief is a media-savvy publicity hound, overly obsessed with his own public image and the image of his force.
- Underneath, his light-blue oxford was soaked, proving that the Northwest Passage could still make a sea hound sweat.
- This marks an interesting divide because women - especially California women - have certainly been willing and eager to vote for that other rapacious hound.
- Not surprisingly, this gruesome war against the darkest recesses of the human spirit has left him a battered old hound, riddled with scars and guilt.
- Is this old Hollywood hound learning new tricks?
- he is being hounded by the pressestá siendo perseguido y acosado por la prensahe was hounded from the citylo persiguieron hasta hacerlo abandonar la ciudadExample sentences
- No one will badger, harass, bother or hound you about your progress, or lack thereof.
- Since then, despite making regular payments, I have been hounded and harassed and feel the company has been arrogant throughout.
- Lindy was persecuted, hounded by the media and the hearing, for security purposes, was relocated to Darwin.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.