- 1.1 (hunting dog) perro (m) de caza, sabueso (m) a pack of hounds una jauría to ride to o follow the hounds cazar* con jauríaMore example sentences1.2 (any dog) [humorous/humorístico] chucho (masculine) [colloquial/familiar], pichicho (masculine) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) [colloquial/familiar]
More example sentences
- The Dachshund was bred as a badger hound or hunting dog and is known to have existed from the oldest breeds of German hunting dogs such as the Bibarhund.
- For thousands of years nomadic tribes of the Middle East have bred a hunting hound called the saluki.
- Topics under discussion ranged from hunting hounds on the track, through to the future of the East Coast Main Line and problems at Leeds Station.
More example sentences
- We had 10 years to get his measure, and we got it well enough: he is a publicity hound, an arch opportunist, a cold-eyed political calculator - a hard man, it has to be said, to like, if not to respect.
- I think our police chief is a media-savvy publicity hound, overly obsessed with his own public image and the image of his force.
- Underneath, his light-blue oxford was soaked, proving that the Northwest Passage could still make a sea hound sweat.
- This marks an interesting divide because women - especially California women - have certainly been willing and eager to vote for that other rapacious hound.
- Not surprisingly, this gruesome war against the darkest recesses of the human spirit has left him a battered old hound, riddled with scars and guilt.
- Is this old Hollywood hound learning new tricks?
Palacio de Oriente, also known as the Palacio Real, is the official residence of the Spanish Royal Family. The Royal Family now lives in the Palacio de la Zarzuela, on the outskirts of Madrid.
- acosar he is being hounded by the press está siendo perseguido y acosado por la prensa he was hounded from the city lo persiguieron hasta hacerlo abandonar la ciudadMore example sentences
- No one will badger, harass, bother or hound you about your progress, or lack thereof.
- Since then, despite making regular payments, I have been hounded and harassed and feel the company has been arrogant throughout.
- Lindy was persecuted, hounded by the media and the hearing, for security purposes, was relocated to Darwin.