Translation of hover in Spanish:
- 1 (in air)(helicopter)
sostenerse en el aire (sin avanzar)
mantenerse inmóvil en el aire(bird)to hover
- Overhead, a helicopter hovers at such a low height that it only just clears the occasional overpass bridges that appear.
- Sumner compared it to the difference between a helicopter passing overhead or hovering.
- Overhead 10 helicopters hovered, cameramen and photographers ready to shoot the action.
- With fuel prices hovering near record high levels, can any carrier turn a profit?
- The CDC reported deaths as a whole from influenza hovering near epidemic levels.
- Gas prices continue to hover near record levels, but if you think you're paying too much at the pump that may be the least of your worries.
- 2 (linger, be poised) the temperature hovered around 20°la temperatura rondaba los 20°her secretary was hovering at her elbowsu secretario le andaba alrededora smile/question hovered on her lipssus labios esbozaron una sonrisa/una preguntathey were hovering on the brink of disasterestaban casi al borde del desastreExample sentences
- Leanne's hand hovered over a large, blue button on her console, preparing to press it.
- The ice storm hovered over the Ontario and Quebec area until Jan. 14.
- Thick, low clouds hovered over Jay's house like fists ready to strike.
- So he hovered close and waited, and in the middle of the third week, his vigilance paid off.
- As I stammered my way to buying a bag of apples, and my classmates donned other wacky guises, Ralph hovered close by to cast a critical eye and ear over our performances.
- We hover close enough that I can see the matted clumps in the bear's shaggy, pale brown coat.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.