Translation of hover in Spanish:
- 1 (in air)(helicopter)
sostenerse en el aire (sin avanzar)
mantenerse inmóvil en el aire(bird)to hover
- Overhead, a helicopter hovers at such a low height that it only just clears the occasional overpass bridges that appear.
- Sumner compared it to the difference between a helicopter passing overhead or hovering.
- Overhead 10 helicopters hovered, cameramen and photographers ready to shoot the action.
- With fuel prices hovering near record high levels, can any carrier turn a profit?
- The CDC reported deaths as a whole from influenza hovering near epidemic levels.
- Gas prices continue to hover near record levels, but if you think you're paying too much at the pump that may be the least of your worries.
- 2 (linger, be poised) the temperature hovered around 20°la temperatura rondaba los 20°her secretary was hovering at her elbowsu secretario le andaba alrededora smile/question hovered on her lipssus labios esbozaron una sonrisa/una preguntathey were hovering on the brink of disasterestaban casi al borde del desastreExample sentences
- Leanne's hand hovered over a large, blue button on her console, preparing to press it.
- The ice storm hovered over the Ontario and Quebec area until Jan. 14.
- Thick, low clouds hovered over Jay's house like fists ready to strike.
- So he hovered close and waited, and in the middle of the third week, his vigilance paid off.
- As I stammered my way to buying a bag of apples, and my classmates donned other wacky guises, Ralph hovered close by to cast a critical eye and ear over our performances.
- We hover close enough that I can see the matted clumps in the bear's shaggy, pale brown coat.
- 1verb + adverb (linger)
revolotear [colloquial]2verb + preposition + object (wait at)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.