Translation of huddle in Spanish:
- 1.1 (crowd together)apiñarseshe huddled against her motherse arrimó a su madreExample sentences1.2 (curl up)
Example sentences1.3 (in US football)
- A crowd of grey cloaked figures huddled together, like a ragged flock of birds.
- It was a scintillating partnership that wowed the crowd and their teammates, who huddled together on the dressing room balcony to witness a stellar batting exhibition.
- Trying her best not to stare at the small groups of dirty pirates huddled together on the deck, Pearl followed closely behind Wesley.
hacer un timbac or un jol
- Next to us is a woman reading a book, huddled up, occasionally reaching for her glass of wine (in which the level scarcely changes all the time we are there).
- But on this particular morning she opened the front door to find a fishing box with nothing to indicate who had left it, just a fluffy puffin huddled up inside.
- The concerned father found his son, huddled up and petrified in the greasy well of the lift shift, clearly in pain from injuries he had suffered.
- 1.1 (tight group) 1.2 (consultation) to go into a huddle (with somebody)hacer grupo aparte (con alguien) (para discutir algo)Example sentences
- With that, all the popular girls gathered in a huddle and started whispering together.
- Ayhia watched incredulously as the Hinsef gathered together in a huddle, apparently to discuss what to do with her, though she couldn't hear them so she couldn't be sure.
- A number of Dwarves were gathered together in a tight huddle, whispering furiously.
- That's when a team's quarterback calls two plays in the huddle and tells every player to ‘check with me’ before the snap to know which play to run.
- This inbounds play starts off the same way as the huddle, except your players face your inbounder this time, and they don't put their arms around each other.
- This year she was so relaxed she even cracked a joke in a huddle during an overtime game in the Bridgeport Regional final against Connecticut.
- Frequently on the run, we would occupy some huddle of rough huts from one insecure night till the next.
- Branden also joined the early morning escapade, but he merely sat down next to the small huddle of human mass on the floor.
- Malouma is from Mauritania on the west coast of Africa, immediately to the north of Senegal, and could rarely have encountered such an unhelpful context in which to impress the huddle of promoters and journalists.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.