- (of ship, plane, tank)Example sentences
- The main structural bulkhead supports the hull sides at the chain plates and the cabin top at the mast step is drastically cut away so the interior is more open.
- On the main deck, the hull is arranged with forepeak, hydraulic pump room, accommodation section and fish handling area.
- When crossing the Atlantic, he charted the location of the Gulf Stream and designed new hulls, riggings, propellers, and pumps for sailing vessels.
- 1 (of peas, beans)Example sentences
- Four grams of embryos (achenes without hull and seed coat) were homogenized and oil was extracted in boiling petroleum ether.
- Total RNA was extracted from leaves, tillers, young panicles, leaf sheaths, hulls, and anthers of rice using the hot phenol method as previously described.
- An abundant 24 kDa protein has been purified and identified from soybean (Glycine max [L.] Merr) seed hulls.
- 2 (of strawberries)cabito (masculine)
calículo (masculine)Example sentences
- Rinse the berries and tip them into a dish, removing the strawberry hulls and currant stalks as you go.
- But for some reason, organic strawberries seem to have stronger hulls than regular pesticide-covered ones, and now my only question is: whither a strawberry huller?
- Wash the strawberries, pat them dry and remove their hulls.
quitarles la vaina a(strawberries)
quitarles el cabito aExample sentences
- Mill managements claim the wage cut is necessary because of low prices offered by the Food Corporation of India for hulling the rice (removing the outer husk).
- They know what they like and it's not cracked corn, nor is it wheat, milo, peanut hearts, hulled oats, or rice.
- For comparison purposes, diets based primarily on corn, hulled barley, and wheat were also assessed.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.