Translation of hundredweight in Spanish:
noun plural hundredweight
- (unidad de peso equivalente a 45,36kg. en EEUU y a 50,80kg. en RU)Example sentences
- It weighs about a hundredweight and it took two of us to get it back into place after it had been repaired.
- Her dad may have owned the business, she says, but he still carried hundredweights of coal on his back.
- Frank is pictured with a hundredweight of butter - or 224 packs - and that represents the weight he has shed in 12 months.
- The castings produced by them can vary in weight from ounces up to several hundredweights.
- As a harsh winter lingered, blocking the trade routes to the territory, prices rose steadily and eventually reached a hundred dollars for a hundredweight of flour.
- There's been years when the price differential is $8 or $10 a hundredweight.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.