Spain's War of Independence against Napoleon Bonaparte's French occupation was ignited by the popular revolt in Madrid on 2 May 1808 against the French army. With support from the Duke of Wellington, Spanish resistance continued for over five years in a guerra de guerrillas which gave the world the concept and the term guerrilla warfare. The autocratic Fernando VII was restored to the throne in 1814, and his first act was to abolish the progressive Constitution of Cadiz adopted in 1812.
- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (language) húngaro (masculine)More example sentences1.2 countable/numerable (person) húngaro, (masculine, feminine)
More example sentences
- Finnish is one of the most isolated languages of Europe, distantly related to Hungarian and Turkish but spoken by very few non-Finns.
- However, Dr Rogers will continue to maintain interest in the college and may write books in Hungarian.
- In 1920 Hungarian was spoken by three-quarters of the population, but by 1971 only one-quarter of the population could speak the language.
- His passing will be mourned by the Greeks, Croats, Hungarians, Italians and any other ethnic group you can name.
- There are two opposing theories as to the origin of the Magyars, or native Hungarians.
- According to the national self-image, Hungarians are wine drinkers, but beer drinking is more common.